xml-rpc-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Rall <...@finemaltcoding.com>
Subject Re: SAX classes in JAR wreaking havoc
Date Mon, 18 Mar 2002 18:41:18 GMT
Jason van Zyl <jvanzyl@zenplex.com> writes:

> Why do have the SAX classes in our CVS? I just spent two hours tracking
> down a 'loader constraint violation' which was the result of having the
> SAX classes in the xmlrpc JAR. The package compiles just fine without
> them if you have xerces in your ANT_HOME/lib.

Oooh, that's a fun one.  I've hit that too with Catalina.

> If they need to be in the jar for embedded purposes can we please change
> the build so that we have a jar without the SAX classes? say xmlrpc.jar
> and xmlrpc-full.jar?

I hate that -full crap -- let's do just one JAR.  John, I assume
removing the interfaces bytecode would cause run-time problems if they
were not present separately?  At the very least, we might want to
update them to a more recent version.

Dan