xml-rpc-dev mailing list archives

From "Andrew Evers" <aev...@redwood.nl>
Subject Embedding XML-RPC into other frameworks.
Date Fri, 13 Sep 2002 15:06:01 GMT
Hi guys,

There seems to be a need for information on how to embed the XML-RPC
framework into a HTTP server, and a servlet engine in particular. I
am considering writing a servlet (in .contrib or .servlet sub-pacakage)
that uses the new classes to embed XML-RPC without using the
XmlRpcServer.

Discussion between Dan, Adam and Rob came down to a suggestion from
Dan:

>    <servlet>
>        <servlet-name>RPC2</servlet-name>
>        <servlet-class>
>          org.apache.xmlrpc.XmlRpcServlet
>        </servlet-class>
>        <init-param>
>            <param-name>handler.Foo</param-name>
>            <param-value>org.xwt.foo.bar</param-value>
>        </init-param>
>    </servlet>

The init method would create an instance for handler.* parameters and
then add it to a DefaultHandlerMapping. This mapping would be used
to create an XmlRpcWorker. The servlet doPost() method would
be a call XmlRpcWorker.execute() with the appropriate context.

I might even write this up as an example of how to embed XML-RPC?

Andrew.