xml-rpc-dev mailing list archives

From ar...@cornell.edu
Subject Re: recent patches
Date Fri, 13 Sep 2002 20:43:13 GMT

When I mentioned serialization it was only a guess as to how you were
intending to pass a real java.lang.Object as contextual information (I
didn't realize at that time that you were not talking about passing it at
all).  No, I usually stay away from serialization because as you rightly
note it will break interoperability.  In the case of Kerberos, my header
is simply a Base64-encoded binary ticket stuck in an HTTP header, no
serialization involved (although I assume one /could/ serialize an object
and then Base64 encode it into a header if one really wanted...the key is
that as per the HTTP spec, headers must be in ASCII..same goes for
XML-RPC request content).

Aaron