xml-rpc-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Redman <...@ergotech.com>
Subject Re: XmlRpcClient Interface
Date Mon, 04 Nov 2002 15:15:24 GMT
I have the CLDC code, but didn't find the interface.  Is it hidden in
CVS or elsewhere?  Also I modified the XmlRpcClientLite, my
recollection is that there are plans for this that will modify it
significantly.

Kudos to all the committers of this project, the changes were fairly
simple.  This is due to a number things, a desire to keep the
architecture fairly simple, maintaining JDK 1.1 compliance and using
MinML.  Special thanks to John for this last.

This is the gist of the modifications.  I removed the superclass
(XmlRpcClient) and copied a couple of methods across and removed the
superclass of LiteWorker (Worker) and copied some methods.  I think
that I also trashed the Async code. There are minor changes to
XmlRpc.java (removing "properties"), other than that, you need
Base64.java, ServerInputStream.java and XmlRpcException.java which
compile unchanged.  I think that there also some supporting classes
that we had already created (StringTokenizer?), maybe others.
References to URL and associated exceptions have been removed, if we
need these to match a new interface (likely) we will need to create
substitutes.

If anyone else has an immediate interest in this code, let me know.
I'll be testing over this week, the goal is to get it on the iPaq/Jeode.

Jim

--

Jim Redman
(505) 662 5156