xml-rpc-dev mailing list archives

From Ryan Hoegg <rho...@isisnetworks.net>
Subject Re: REPOST: https
Date Mon, 11 Nov 2002 15:24:53 GMT
John Wilson wrote:

>I have just started to look at the Apache Commons Logging package which seems to offer
a wrapper which allows actual logging implementations to be plugged in to an application and
has support for Log4J. LogKit, JDK 1.4 and a simple file logging mechanism. has anybody any
experience with this?

I would be interested in using this.  The commons-logging.jar is 26K and
the commons-logging-api.jar is only 18K.  As far as I can tell the only
difference is that the API jar omits the Log4J and LogKit support.

On the JDK 1.2 issue, what is the use case for 1.1 support on the server
side?  My understanding is that we are trying to support 1.1 for the
client software to allow its use in applets.

--
Ryan Hoegg
ISIS Networks