xml-rpc-dev mailing list archives

From "Andrew Evers" <andrew.ev...@redwood.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release plan
Date Fri, 31 Jan 2003 08:40:59 GMT
> While we are making changes, why not vote on the release plan?
>
> Please vote on the following release plans as follows:
>
> +1 = In favor
> 0 = Don't care
> -1 = Against it
>
> Feel free to comment on why you voted as you did.

> Plan 1:
>
> Go forward with a 1.2 release as follows:
>  - Beta release with bugfixes on February 15.
>  - Testing happens from here on out; we elicit help on this via an
> announcement through the new ws.apache.org site.
>  - No date for stable release as we don't know how many bugs we will
> hear about.
>  - We will need to decide on milestones for beta and final.

+1. I'm in favour of getting something out of the door. We're committed
to using something after 1.2 now anyway. I figure the sooner 1.2 is out,
the sooner the next release comes ;)

> Plan 2:
> Go forward with a 1.2 release as follows:
>  - No concrete dates yet.
>  - Same as above otherwise

-1. Reason as for Plan 1.

> Plan 3:
> Scrap the 1.2 release and go full steam for 2.0
>  - Should spend some time organizing milestones for the 2.0 release
instead.

> I offer to take the lead on whichever we pick, but will need input and
> help from you all as well.  Also I will defer to more senior developers
> if any of you wants to take the lead on the release plan.

0. I'm not entirely against this idea, I would like to see what other
peoples
ideas for 2.0 are. Mine mainly revolve around embedding XML-RPC into
other applications at various levels, transports and packaging.

Andrew.