xml-rpc-dev mailing list archives

From Ryan Hoegg <rho...@isisnetworks.net>
Subject [SUMMARY] Release Plan
Date Fri, 31 Jan 2003 22:55:34 GMT
OK, I think the results are in:

Plan 1: +4
Plan 2: -1
Plan 3: -2

So, we are going forward with:

Plan 1:

Go forward with a 1.2 release as follows:
- Beta release with bugfixes on February 15.
- Testing happens from here on out; we elicit help on this via an
announcement through the new ws.apache.org site.
- No date for stable release as we don't know how many bugs we will hear
about.
- We will need to decide on milestones for beta and final.

We need to gear up for a February 15 beta release.  I think the code in
the 1.2 branch is almost there now.  I need to backport some of the
fixes we've applied to HEAD, especially the Base64 stuff.  I will also
start compiling milestones for the final release.

Also, I'd like to nominate Andrew to start building a functional
requirements list for 2.0, as it seems it is his "itch" at the moment.
 Martin has already started on this a little bit.  I think your idea
that stabilizing and releasing 1.2 in short order will help get moving
on 2.0 is right on.  However, if we are going to crystalize 2.0 into a
release it can't be open-ended.

--
Ryan Hoegg
ISIS Networks