xml-rpc-dev mailing list archives

From Martin Redington <m.reding...@ucl.ac.uk>
Subject Re: [Fwd: Re: Moving Base64 in HttpClient to commons-codec]
Date Mon, 03 Feb 2003 20:48:58 GMT

On Monday, February 3, 2003, at 07:52 PM, Ryan Hoegg wrote:

> Looks like the appropriate people have been made aware.
>
> Thanks for checking that one out, Martin!

np, but you might want to check out my most recent patches on bug 9931.

These added:

a final newline to encoded data (which seems to be RFC compliant, as
lines are supposed to be folded as "at most" 76 characters, and this is
also how the Perl base64 behaves).

discarding of whitespace and any non-base64 chars in decode() [which is
RFC compliant, although the RFC encourages an exception or warning if
non-base64 chars are detected].

significant speedups (about 50%) to decode(). The Vectors slowed the
old version down quite a bit.

There was also a patch to Base64Test that fixed a few minor issues (and
is necessary for the "final newline" change above to pass the tests).

If you have any q's or problems with the patches let me know ...

     cheers,
             m.