xml-xindice-users mailing list archives

From "Adrian Petru Dimulescu" <adrian.dimule...@free.fr>
Subject RE: problems with iso-8859-2 text
Date Tue, 11 Jun 2002 20:58:54 GMT
Hello again :)

This is in fact the thing I don't understand: how can the system locale
influence the way Xindice stores the special characters?

I built Xindice under Linux, I wonder how should I set the locale there.
Something like "LANG=RO $XINDICE_HOME/start" ? I must admit I am quite
confused at this point.

On the other hand, what's happening with the UTF-8 under Xindice? I took
a look at the black Xindice mail archive and I saw a message with a
patch. Getting the latest Xindice CVS, I could not find this patch in
the current source. Or perhaps I didn't look well enough?

I am sorry this is the twentieth time this question is asked on the list
but, since I am new here, could anybody inform me what's the i18n status
on Xindice?

Thank you,
Adrian.