xml-xindice-users mailing list archives

From "Juozas Baliuka" <bali...@centras.lt>
Subject Re: problems with iso-8859-2 text
Date Wed, 12 Jun 2002 06:47:49 GMT
No,  "single encoding mode" it is not JAVA term.
If application uses JAVA io API
without endoding like " new InputStreamReader(in)" , InputStreamReader will
use
some "default" encoding, It can be set in system properties. It is no
problems if your
application uses single endoding (All documents are the same encoded ) and
single
application is running in the JVM.
 "InputStreamReader(InputStream in, String enc)" this constructor will
ignore "default" setting and will use
parameter "enc" to convert bytes  to Character or string.