xml-xindice-users mailing list archives

From "Jeff Greif" <jgr...@alumni.princeton.edu>
Subject Re: Performance Xindice vs Tamino
Date Fri, 14 Jun 2002 16:53:20 GMT
Try
String xpath = "/EmdResult[Events/Event/DateTime>'2000-12-31' and Events/Event/DateTime<'2001-02-01']";

to avoid having to scan every document completely looking for EmdResult elements that are
not the root, and Event elements which are not in the known path from EmdResult.

If this is still slow, then Mark's suggestions should be tried, and an enhancement request
filed for xindice that it improve the way it determines what index to use in the case of a
conjunctive condition in an xpath.

Jeff

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Patrick Vankeirsbilck
  To: xindice-users@xml.apache.org
  Sent: Friday, June 14, 2002 7:55 AM
  Subject: Performance Xindice vs Tamino

  Dear Mark,

  I am coming back to the tests by Kimbro you mentioned some time ago (see below).  Is there
any additional info available?  I haven't seen any follow-up on this.

  For general intrest, I give here some numbers relative to a single query on a 2.4 MB collection
composed of 787 documents.
  Here is the code performing the query:
  String xpath = "//EmdResult[//Event/DateTime>'2000-12-31' and //Event/DateTime<'2001-02-01']";