xml-xindice-users mailing list archives

From "Dan Barron" <dbar...@mail.acponline.org>
Subject Problem on Unix
Date Tue, 04 Jun 2002 21:03:41 GMT
I have Xindice running successfully on NT, but am now trying it on a Sun server. I've got all
the environment set up ok, but when I run start I get the following. Any ideas?

dan
Daniel W. Barron
Senior Systems Analyst/Application Developer
American College of Physicians-American Society of Internal Medicine
Tel: (215) 351-2617     Tel: (800) 523-1546 x2617
Fax: (215) 351-2644    E-mail: dbarron@mail.acponline.org
$ ./start
Xindice Loader
==============

Environment
-----------
XINDICE_HOME =  /home/danb/xindice
CLASSPATH =  /home/danb/xindice/java/lib/xmldb.jar:/home/danb/xindice/java/lib/xmldb-xupdate.jar:/home/danb/xindice/java/lib/xmldb-r

Starting Xindice
----------------

Xindice 1.0 (Birthday)

Database: 'db' initializing
Script: 'GET' added to script storage
Service: 'db' started
ERROR: Could not start service 'HTTPServer'
DEBUG> APIService: org.omg.CORBA.INITIALIZE: Unable to complete init orb singleton is not
openorb singleton.
Please use: System.setProperty("org.omg.CORBA.ORBSingletonClass", "org.openorb.CORBA.ORBSingleton");
As the first statement in your application.  minor code: 0  completed: No
DEBUG>
org.omg.CORBA.INITIALIZE: Unable to complete init orb singleton is not openorb singleton.
Please use: System.setProperty("org.omg.CORBA.ORBSingletonClass", "org.openorb.CORBA.ORBSingleton");
As the first statement in your application.  minor code: 0  completed: No
        at java.lang.Throwable.fillInStackTrace(Native Method)
        at java.lang.Throwable.fillInStackTrace(Compiled Code)
        at java.lang.Throwable.<init>(Compiled Code)
        at java.lang.Exception.<init>(Compiled Code)
        at java.lang.RuntimeException.<init>(Compiled Code)
        at org.omg.CORBA.SystemException.<init>(SystemException.java:49)
        at org.omg.CORBA.INITIALIZE.<init>(INITIALIZE.java:73)
        at org.omg.CORBA.INITIALIZE.<init>(INITIALIZE.java:47)
        at org.openorb.CORBA.kernel.OpenORBLoader.init(OpenORBLoader.java:105)
        at org.openorb.CORBA.ORB.set_parameters(ORB.java:646)
        at org.omg.CORBA.ORB.init(ORB.java:353)
        at org.apache.xindice.server.services.APIService.start(Compiled Code)
        at org.apache.xindice.server.standard.StdServiceManager.startServices(Compiled Code)
        at org.apache.xindice.server.Kernel.startServices(Kernel.java:464)
        at org.apache.xindice.server.Kernel.<init>(Kernel.java:158)
        at org.apache.xindice.server.Kernel.<init>(Kernel.java:117)
        at org.apache.xindice.server.Xindice.main(Xindice.java:99)
DEBUG> Most likely your CORBA naming service couldn't be reached.
Service: 'APIService' started
FATAL ERROR: Service manager could not be started