xml-xindice-users mailing list archives

From Cédric Viaud <cedric.vi...@matrasi-tls.fr>
Subject Re: Should I Use Xindice for web-searchable XML Docs?
Date Thu, 27 Feb 2003 11:02:23 GMT

Hi,

In fact, with XPath, you can search for node values and search for a particular pattern in
it. You are not limited to attributes values. But i don't think this kind of retrieval will
be very fast.

This also may be not very efficient as you can't search for regular expressions in the content
(i'am almost sure, be it should better be checked).

Regards,

   Cédric
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Lixin Meng
  To: xindice-users@xml.apache.org
  Sent: Thursday, February 27, 2003 4:04 AM
  Subject: RE: Should I Use Xindice for web-searchable XML Docs?

  I am not sure about the 'ranking'. My understanding, correct me if I am wrong, neither XPath
nor Xindice is designed for full-text retrieval. So, the 'ranking' is out of question, if
it means the relevancy of the return.

  One thing you may want to know is that Xindice doesn't support XPath which refer to an attribute.

  Lixin
  XDataFinder, another way to browse XML database
  http://www.brownpot.com/sw_profile.html