xml-xindice-users mailing list archives

From Don Saxton <dsax...@pacbell.net>
Subject best practice inserting bobs or images into xindice
Date Fri, 28 Feb 2003 00:05:20 GMT
Hi
 I am just beginning with Xindice 1.0. This is fun!

I have a couple questions.

I have IDREFs. e.g. reference from employee to boss. is there any more elegant way to resolve
them,  say to Name, other than an additional fetch? I think I am looking for something like
an SQL view.

I am aware that the ability to insert blobs was removed. I assume blobs were being used to
store images, but didn't find a discussion about its replacement.  Now I wonder what is the
current best practice for storing such ancilary parts.  Is it this: encode the binary as text
chars and wrap in xml as cdata? Any restriction on the encoding? And finally is the i/o transformation
a good job for XMLObject?

Thanks

Don