xml-xindice-users mailing list archives

From "Rodrigo Spinola" <rodrigo.spin...@bol.com.br>
Subject Re:Xindice Questions
Date Sun, 02 Feb 2003 12:48:11 GMT
Hi Susan,

 Could you help me? I am having a problem with Xindice.
I start the server but receive this error message
(Exception in thread "main"
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
org/xmldb/base/Configurable)
when I´m trying to run this command (xindiceadmin ac -
c /db -n addressbook) and I don´t know how to solve this.

Thanks,
Rodrigo

> Hello all,
> I am currently a graduate student in Information Scienc
e at the
> University of NC at Chapel Hill. I just starting using
Xindice and
> really think it's a great tool. Bravo for the Apache XM
L project! For a
> user interface course I'm in this semester, I am planni
ng to build a
> prototype for a gui-
based content management system that sits on top of
> the Xindice database. I need some users though to answe
r a few
> questions...as there obviously aren't a plethora of ppl
 at the
> university that have ever used a native XML database :)

> So, if you have a few seconds in your day for a lowly g
rad student, it
> would be great if you could answer 7 questions about ho
w you decided to
> use a native XML database...Either fill answers out at
this url:
> http://www.questionbuilder.com/html/styles/corporate.sh
tml?cqmid=2659

> or respond directly to me with answers to the questions
 below. I would
> greatly appreciate it and I swear I won't clog up the u
ser list again!
> Additionally, the results of the survey will not be use
d for any
> commercial purposes. They are primarily for me to get a
 feel of what
> features would be appropriate for a GUI that works with
 Xindice.

> Cheers,
> Susan
> former java developer, current grad student
>
> QUESTIONS:
> Name 2-
3 reasons why you chose to use a native XML database?

> Do you find a command line interface difficult to use w
ith a native XML
> database?
>

> Would you prefer to use a GUI based interface
> for database management (i.e., a content management sys
tem
> that sits on the Xindice database)?
>
> Do you currently use a content management tool or datab
ase management
> tool for organizing and managing XML documents?
>
> If so, which tools do you use?
>

> List 3-
4 tasks you do on a daily basis with the Xindice database
.

E-mail Premium BOL
Antivírus, anti-spam e até 100 MB de espaço. Assine já!
http://email.bol.com.br/