xml-xindice-users mailing list archives

From "Charles Guo" <charles....@rescentris.com>
Subject RE: xindice on Solaris
Date Mon, 03 Feb 2003 20:38:58 GMT
Thanks Frank.  I will try.
  -----Original Message-----
  From: Frank Burough [mailto:fburough@elixirpharm.com]
  Sent: Monday, February 03, 2003 10:37 AM
  To: xindice-users@xml.apache.org
  Subject: Re: xindice on Solaris

  Charles:

  My guess is that you need to uncompress using a GNU-compatible gzip, instead of the one
provided with Solaris. Back in the old days when I ran Solaris, this was a consistent problem.
you can download the latest gzip from http://www.gnu.org/directory/misc/gzip.html.

  hth,

  Frank

  On Mon, 2003-02-03 at 10:29, Charles Guo wrote
Hello,

It seems to me that  xml-xindice-1.0.tar.gz  downloaded from
http://xml.apache.org/xindice/download.html  only works on Linux but not on
Solaris.

I have successfully run the xindice on Linux.  However, I failed to
uncompress the same xml-xindice-1.0.tar.gz on Solaris successfully (reduced
size due to some files lost).

Will the application not be uncompressed correctly on Solaris if it is
originally compressed on Linux?

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Charles