xml-xindice-users mailing list archives

From "George Papamarkos" <g.papamar...@dcs.bbk.ac.uk>
Subject Some thoughts about changing the default behaviour of some methods.
Date Tue, 18 Feb 2003 18:35:03 GMT
Dear all,
	I am currently using Xindice as the XML Repository in my PhD research on
ECA Rules for semi-structed data. I intend to create a mechanism in order to
be able to see what have changed after an update. I mean for example instead
of returning the number of elements that changed, the update method return
exaclty what have changed or create a "pointer" to it. Does anyone have any
idea of how can I achieve that ?
	I am thinking of creating a framework over the Xindice API and get the
results I want by overriding the already existing methods. Do you believe
that the use of XMLObjects would help ?
I'd appriciate any new idea or recommendation .

Regards,

George Papamarkos
Research Assistant
School of Computer Science and Information Systems
Birkbeck College
University of London.
g.papamarkos@dcs.bbk.ac.uk