xml-xindice-users mailing list archives

From SGR_Roopesh_R_Kumar <SGR_Roopesh_R_Ku...@nissen.co.jp>
Subject RE: NoClassDefFoundError for Example1
Date Wed, 12 Mar 2003 01:09:30 GMT
Make sure you have the directory from which your class-file is referred, set
in the system classpath.
Eg) If Example1.java doesn't belong to a package then set the current
directory in the classpath (i,e) .. If it belongs to a package (i.e)
org.apache.xindice.examples in your case, then set
XINDICE_HOME/java/examples/guide/src in your classpath.

Roopesh

-----Original Message-----
From: Lian Yan [mailto:lyan@univmail.cis.mcmaster.ca]
Sent: Wednesday, March 12, 2003 1:23 AM
To: xindice-users@xml.apache.org
Subject: NoClassDefFoundError for Example1

I have installed xindice1.0 to my power pc(Mac. run linux) with
jsdk1.3.1. I can start xindice server, add and retrieve document in
command line. I also added the required jar files listed in the
developer's guide on the CLASSPATH. Now I say let run an example coming
with the distribution. So I compile the Example1.java (in dir
XINDICE_HOME/java/examples/guide/src/org/apache/xindice/examples), it
is ok. But when I run it, it give me the above error.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Lian