xml-xindice-users mailing list archives

From SGR_Roopesh_R_Kumar <SGR_Roopesh_R_Ku...@nissen.co.jp>
Subject RE: XLink
Date Wed, 12 Mar 2003 03:03:36 GMT
I don't think Xindice supports xlink. And your idea of attaching the query
to retrieve the child document, would be equivalent to using xlink. I
suppose this would be the only alternative solution as Xindice neither
supports xlink or xpointer.
Roopesh
-----Original Message-----
From: Silvester van der Bijl [mailto:silvester@gnu.kicks-ass.org]
Sent: Wednesday, March 12, 2003 11:46 AM
To: xindice-users@xml.apache.org
Subject: XLink

Hi there,

I'm currently working on a school project. The goal of the project is to
provide a system in which all kinds of objects can be stored. What I mean
by this, is that we don't know in advance which objects get stored or, how
to display them.

The idea is, that the "administrator" can create a new collection and
specify which stylesheets should be used for formatting, etc..

Now, in some cases it would occur that data is dependant on some kind of
parent object, e.g. a student and it's results. What I want to know if
it's possible to reference xml documents outside the current collection
and let Xindice automagically insert the referenced xml document....

E.g. if I request a student, I automatically also get the student's data.
I;ve read about xlink, but I could not tell if Xindice supports this ? My
other suggestion was storing default xpath queries for objects, in order
to find related documents.

Any comments ?

Thx.
Silvester