xml-xindice-users mailing list archives

From "Silvester van der Bijl" <silves...@gnu.kicks-ass.org>
Subject XLink
Date Wed, 12 Mar 2003 02:46:18 GMT
Hi there,

I'm currently working on a school project. The goal of the project is to
provide a system in which all kinds of objects can be stored. What I mean
by this, is that we don't know in advance which objects get stored or, how
to display them.

The idea is, that the "administrator" can create a new collection and
specify which stylesheets should be used for formatting, etc..

Now, in some cases it would occur that data is dependant on some kind of
parent object, e.g. a student and it's results. What I want to know if
it's possible to reference xml documents outside the current collection
and let Xindice automagically insert the referenced xml document....

E.g. if I request a student, I automatically also get the student's data.
I;ve read about xlink, but I could not tell if Xindice supports this ? My
other suggestion was storing default xpath queries for objects, in order
to find related documents.

Any comments ?

Thx.
Silvester