xml-xindice-users mailing list archives

From "jcplerm" <jcpl...@ameritech.net>
Subject Transaction and concurrency support
Date Fri, 23 May 2003 00:39:39 GMT
Hello,

I understand Xindice runs in a server-based multithreaded environment, but it's not clear
to me to what extent Xindice supports the notion of transactions and how well it handles multiple
users querying and updating the same documents concurrently.

I am not asking about performance numbers (I posted a question a few weeks ago and thanks
for those who replied).

For instance, while an XUPDATE command is being processed on one or more documents, does Xindice
place any type of lock on those documents?

Does Xindice support the ACID properties (Atomicity, Consistency, Independence, Durability)?

Is there any form of transaction demarcation that spans multiple XUPDATE commands?

Thanks a lot,

Julio