xml-xindice-users mailing list archives

From "Robin Winkler" <RobinWink...@web.de>
Subject Trouble using XUpdate
Date Fri, 23 May 2003 12:49:33 GMT
Hi!

I am running Xindice 1.0 on my SuSE 8.2 machine.  I use the JAVA 1.4.1 SDK environment. The
Xindice database is accessible via the command line and via my Java-application tool. Everything
works fine here including XPath queries. But when I try to use XUpdate I only get exceptions.
I tried to get the provided XUpdate examples running but I also get the same error message.
I have checked the XUpdate Query-string many times and do not think that the string is false
and causes this exception (it is exactly the same string provided in the example application
in the Xindice Devlopers Guide).

I use the eclipse platform for developing my application and included all the jar files in
the /lib folder to my project environment. I use the default CORBA Xindice is using.

What do I have to do to in order to get the XUpdate service running?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks in advance,
Robin

Here is the stackTrace:

org.apache.xindice.client.corba.db.APIException: IDL:org/apache/xindice/client/corba/db/APIException:1.0
	at org.apache.xindice.client.corba.db.APIExceptionHelper.read(APIExceptionHelper.java:112)
	at org.apache.xindice.client.corba.db._CollectionStub.queryCollection(_CollectionStub.java:833)
	at org.apache.xindice.client.xmldb.services.XUpdateQueryServiceImpl.updateResult(XUpdateQueryServiceImpl.java:165)
	at org.apache.xindice.client.xmldb.services.XUpdateQueryServiceImpl.update(XUpdateQueryServiceImpl.java:185)
	at XindiceSelectionHandler.addTransformationAgentXUpdate(XindiceSelectionHandler.java:277)
	at ToolServer.testCases(ToolServer.java:139)
	at ToolServer.<init>(ToolServer.java:46)
	at ToolServer.main(ToolServer.java:146)
org.xmldb.api.base.XMLDBException: Query Processing Error
	at org.apache.xindice.core.FaultCodes.createXMLDBException(FaultCodes.java:239)
	at org.apache.xindice.client.xmldb.services.XUpdateQueryServiceImpl.updateResult(XUpdateQueryServiceImpl.java:170)
	at org.apache.xindice.client.xmldb.services.XUpdateQueryServiceImpl.update(XUpdateQueryServiceImpl.java:185)
	at XindiceSelectionHandler.addTransformationAgentXUpdate(XindiceSelectionHandler.java:277)
	at ToolServer.testCases(ToolServer.java:139)
	at ToolServer.<init>(ToolServer.java:46)
	at ToolServer.main(ToolServer.java:146)
UNICEF bittet um Spenden fur die Kinder im Irak! Hier online an
UNICEF spenden: https://spenden.web.de/unicef/special/?mc=021101