xml-xindice-users mailing list archives

From "Roth, Scott" <scott_r...@merck.com>
Subject RE: URGENT: Embedded Xindice with vendor string "xndice-embed"
Date Thu, 22 May 2003 15:39:50 GMT
Do you have your "xindice.home" and "xindice.configuration" System
properties set to an appropriate place?

Scott

-----Original Message-----
From: diptendu@vsnl.com [mailto:diptendu@vsnl.com]
Sent: Thursday, May 22, 2003 10:53 AM
To: xindice-users@xml.apache.org; xindice-dev@xml.apache.org
Cc: cummingscs@netscape.net
Subject: URGENT: Embedded Xindice with vendor string "xndice-embed"

Dear Friends,

In continuation of our efforts to make

our application work with Xindice embedded

version we have achieved thus so far:

1. We have removed the * servlet mapping of XindiceServlet and

   have also removed the reference of XindiceServlet from

   web.xml

2. We were having a problem with using "xindice" as the "vendor"

   string in the URI for getCollection:

String s = "org.apache.xindice.client.xmldb.DatabaseImpl";

            Class class1 = Class.forName(s);

            Database database = (Database)class1.newInstance();

            DatabaseManager.registerDatabase(database);

            collection =
DatabaseManager.getCollection("xmldb:xindice:///db/");

was causing the getCollection call to fail and the collection object was
null.

3. On changing the "vendor" string from "xindice" to "xindice-embed"

           collection =
DatabaseManager.getCollection("xmldb:xindice-embed:///db/");

    the call succeeded.

4. However, now the problem appears to be that we ar not able to  specify
the location of the root db using "system.xml" and the collection is being
created under the "bin" folder of tomcat (C:\jakarta-tomcat-4.1.18\bin)

Any help will be highly appreciated.

Regards,

Diptendu Dutta

information of Merck & Co., Inc. (Whitehouse Station, New Jersey,
USA) that may be confidential, proprietary copyrighted and/or legally
privileged, and is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity
named on this message. If you are not the intended recipient, and
have received this message in error, please immediately return this by
e-mail and then delete it.