xml-xindice-users mailing list archives

From Gianugo Rabellino <gian...@apache.org>
Subject Re: problems with iso-8859-1 encoding
Date Thu, 15 May 2003 15:12:29 GMT
Simone Pierazzini wrote:
> hi everyone,
> I don't know how to store xml documents like the following:
>
> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
> <!DOCTYPE stylesheet[
> <!ENTITY agrave "&#224;">
> ]>
> <stylesheet>pipp&agrave;</stylesheet>
>

> in a collection. I used these commands:
>
> xindice ad -c /db/test -n a -f a.xml
> xindice rd -c /db/test -n a -f a1.xml
>
> but a1.xml looks like:
>
> <?xml version="1.0"?>
> <stylesheet>pipp?</stylesheet>
>
> that is: &grave; became a simple ?

Actually it wasn't &agrave; anymore at that point: the XML parser run
before the document was inserted expanded the entity to the correct
character representation, but a bug in String conversion prevented it
from showing up correctly in the stored document. Unfortunately, correct
UTF-8 support is available only in the CVS version of Xindice. The
current 1.0 is not at par WRT encoding, but if you upgrade you'll find
most problems solved.

Ciao,

--
Gianugo Rabellino