xml-xindice-users mailing list archives

From cumming...@netscape.net (Steven Cummings)
Subject RE: URGENT: Embedded Xindice with vendor string "xndice-embed"
Date Thu, 22 May 2003 15:53:05 GMT
If you've removed the reference to the XindiceServlet from web.xml, I'm assuming you've replaced
it with another servet that starts up xindice but not the XML-RPC server? As the other reply
mentioned, some environment variables should be set and it is usually done in this servlet.
HTH.

/S

diptendu@vsnl.com wrote:

>Dear Friends,
>
>In continuation of our efforts to make
>our application work with Xindice embedded
>version we have achieved thus so far:
>

>1. We have removed the * servlet mapping of XindiceServlet and
>   have also removed the reference of XindiceServlet from
>   web.xml
>
>2. We were having a problem with using "xindice" as the "vendor"
>   string in the URI for getCollection:
>
>String s = "org.apache.xindice.client.xmldb.DatabaseImpl";
>            Class class1 = Class.forName(s);
>            Database database = (Database)class1.newInstance();
>            DatabaseManager.registerDatabase(database);
>            collection = DatabaseManager.getCollection("xmldb:xindice:///db/");
>
>was causing the getCollection call to fail and the collection object was null.
>
>3. On changing the "vendor" string from "xindice" to "xindice-embed"
>
>           collection = DatabaseManager.getCollection("xmldb:xindice-embed:///db/");
>
>    the call succeeded.
>
>4. However, now the problem appears to be that we ar not able to  specify the location
of the root db using "system.xml" and the collection is being created under the "bin" folder
of tomcat (C:\jakarta-tomcat-4.1.18\bin)

--
Steven Cummings
Columbia, MO