xml-xindice-users mailing list archives

From "STONE,ROBERT (HP-SanDiego,ex1)" <bob.st...@hp.com>
Subject RE: Scaleability and transaction support
Date Wed, 14 May 2003 15:34:38 GMT
We did some load tests with 75 concurrent users accessing collection of
approximately 2500 docs, 3 - 5Mb in size. 1.1b was behaving fine.

The setup:
1. client access through the browser
2. XPath query (retrieves about 20 docs)
3. XSL stylesheet is applied to each to render the resulting HTML

Here are some numbers:

Average Page Load: 0.74 Seconds

Minimum Page Load: 0.30 Seconds

Maximum Page Load: 23.39 Seconds

Total HTTP Requests: 90,376

Requests/Sec: 100.41

Pages/Sec: 100.41

CPU Utilization of hpma523: 23%

Load Time Standard Deviation: 1.20

# of objects in page: 1

What was puzzling - on approximately every 30th request, response will choke
up to 25 sec, bringing the overall response time to .74 sec

And don't forget to implement some sort of object pooling for the
collections. I was using jakarta.commons.pool

good luck

Bob Stone