xml-xindice-users mailing list archives

From "STONE,ROBERT (HP-SanDiego,ex1)" <bob.st...@hp.com>
Subject RE: Scaleability and transaction support
Date Wed, 14 May 2003 16:14:49 GMT
HPUX, Tomcat 4.0.3, 1Gb of memory, JDK1.3, indexing all the fields I'm
querying against

I actually run some performance testing on 1.0 and, surprise, a single query
was faster on 1.0 comparing to 1.1b. Search the archives for 'xindice1.1b
performance' you'll find the short discussion around the degraded 1.1
performance.

Cheers,

Bob S.

-----Original Message-----
From: Devrim Ergel [mailto:devrim.ergel@parsera.com]
Sent: Wednesday, May 14, 2003 9:13 AM
To: xindice-users@xml.apache.org
Subject: Re: Scaleability and transaction support

These results are very good.
We also applied similar tests on 1.0. The result was disappointing. We made
two concurrent Xpath queries,  in 3000 documents(20-30 kb size), which
returns 400 of them. As a result we had "out of memory" exception. Single
result query time was good; 20-30 ms.

Our configuration:
Xindice 1.0 (we implemented collection pooling)
Tomcat 4.0.3
Windows 2000
Pentium 4 1.6
256 Mb JVM

What is your hardware and JVM memory settings? Do you use Tomcat as
application server? Did you ever used Xindice 1.0, is there some timing
improvement on 1.1b?

Thank you.

Devrim Ergel