xml-xindice-users mailing list archives

From "Chance, Sam USA" <sgcha...@nps.navy.mil>
Subject RE: HOW TO SAVE PLAIN LANGUAGE FILE NAMES TO XINDICE ?
Date Thu, 15 May 2003 01:31:03 GMT
Bob,

Thank you for the feedback.  I was looking everywhere for the process,
but stumbled across it in the AddDocument.java in the src folders.  I
was doing it all programmatically, but I was using null in the first
parameter of the createResource method  - which prompts Xindice to
generate a unique ID.  I was reading the APIs but I must have missed it
in the Collection class.

Plus, I'm a newbie so I trip a lot!

Thank you!
Sam

-----Original Message-----
From: STONE,ROBERT (HP-SanDiego,ex1) [mailto:bob.stone@hp.com]
Sent: Wednesday, May 14, 2003 4:12 PM
To: 'xindice-users@xml.apache.org'
Subject: RE: HOW TO SAVE PLAIN LANGUAGE FILE NAMES TO XINDICE ?

I do the following:

1. Parse your xml into DOM object called Document doc
2. col is your collection
3. foo.xml is your "plain text name"

XMLResource res = ( XMLResource )col.createResource( "foo.xml",
"XMLResource" );
res.setContentAsDOM( doc.getDocumentElement() );
col.storeResource( res );

Said that, I create my xml programmaticaly. You may want to look for the
methods in API that allow you to add XML file without parsing

Cheers,

Bob Stone