xml-xindice-users mailing list archives

From "hans@seesite.be" <h...@seesite.be>
Subject Re: Real World
Date Wed, 21 May 2003 07:34:45 GMT
Hi Devrim,

On Tue, 20 May 2003 23:12:28 +0300, Devrim Ergel <devrim.ergel@parsera.com>
wrote:

> Hello Hans,
>
> I'm currently working on the similar project: catalog site which uses
> Xindice as repositary.
> I've got a problem; xpath search is too slow and if there are 300-400
> products in the result it gives out of memory error.

Do you mean an xpath query using the xpath function contains() ?
I have no experience using this with Xindice, but couldn't u use an
external search-engine (like aspseek or ht://Dig) instead?

xpath queries without the use of functions are going fine here.
I recall for testing Xindice a query in 10000 documents and I don't
remember it going too slow.

Regarding the out of memory with 300 results, I' have no experience.