xml-xindice-users mailing list archives

From Tina Sani <tinas...@yahoo.com>
Subject Xindice & VB.NET
Date Thu, 19 Jun 2003 02:58:46 GMT
Hi, I currently have a bunch of XML files set up
within collections on a Xindice server machine. I have
written VB.NET applications using DOM to read from and
write to these XML files. What I would like to do now
is modify my applications so that when one of the XML
files is being written to via LoadXML, the file will
be read-only to any other applications that access it.
I am not sure how to do this. Has anyone ever done
something similar to this or know of a way I can
implement this type of file sharing and locking?

Thanks.