xml-xindice-users mailing list archives

From <james.benn...@phosphorix.co.uk>
Subject Re: XUpdateQueryService work around
Date Fri, 01 Aug 2003 18:21:24 GMT
Hi All,

What exactly is meant by 'You have to match namespaces and everything up'?

I'm having a problem utilising XUpdate too.

I'm using the below xupdate

<xupdate:modifications version="1.0"
xmlns:xupdate=http://www.xmldb.org/xupdate>
<xupdate:update
select="/learnerinformation/identification/contentype/referential[indexid =
'211653']">
testupdateofsourceid
</xupdate:update>
</xupdate:modifications>

on a single document in the collection

<learnerinformation>
<comment>A basic example of creating a LIP record.</comment>
<identification>
<contentype>
<referential>
<indexid>211653</indexid>
</referential>
</contentype>
</identification>
</learnerinformation>

When I call the update method of the XUpdateQueryService I get the error
below.

XML:DB Exception occurred
Error Code : 1
Message : Query Style Not Found

Trace:
XUpdateQueryServiceImpl.java :
org.apache.xindice.client.xmldb.services.XUpdateQueryServiceImpl :
updateResult : 170 :
XUpdateQueryServiceImpl.java :
org.apache.xindice.client.xmldb.services.XUpdateQueryServiceImpl : update :
185 :

I'm running on a FreeBSD 4.8 with JDK1.4.1 and xindice 1.0

Please help. I'm new to java, and although I know the basics of XML as
markup and some idea of what namespace are and how they are used, I seem to
be clueless in this case as the only namespace I see is 'xupdate:'.

James