xml-xindice-users mailing list archives

From matt ma <mattmapr...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: xindice 1.1 xupdate java xml-rpc
Date Thu, 07 Aug 2003 21:32:56 GMT
Hi jlerm, thanks for the quick reply.  I gave your
code a whirl in my xml-rpc code and got a
stackoverflow error.  My current xml-rpc code works
and can successfully create collection.  Do you think
you could send me your

runRemoteCommand("Query", params)

method?  That way I can compare the difference between
my xml-rpc code and yours.

Also, how did you figure out the TYPE param?  Is there
some documentation that I haven't found yet?  or did
you look into the source code?

thanks a bunch,

matt

--- jcplerm <jcplerm@ameritech.net> wrote:
> This is an XML-RPC piece of code that executes
> XUpdate. It's almost the same
> as for a regular query, except the "TYPE" param is
> "XUpdate".
>
>     public String executeXUpdate(String xupdateCmd)
> throws XMLDBException {
>
>      String result=null;
>
>         try {
>             checkOpen();
>
>             Hashtable params = new Hashtable();
>             Hashtable ns = new Hashtable();
>             params.put(RPCDefaultMessage.COLLECTION,
> collPath);
>             params.put(RPCDefaultMessage.TYPE,
> "XUpdate");
>             params.put(RPCDefaultMessage.NAMESPACES,
> ns);
>             params.put(RPCDefaultMessage.QUERY,
> xupdateCmd);
>
>              result = (String)
> runRemoteCommand("Query", params);
>          } catch (Exception e) {
>             throw

FaultCodes.createXMLDBException(FaultCodes.QRY_PROCESSING_ERROR,

http://www.coachingplatform.com/dev/xindiceRPC1.1cmds.html