xml-xindice-users mailing list archives

From Jürgen Niehoff <nieh...@et.FH-Osnabrueck.DE>
Subject Re: upgrade from xindice 1.0 to xindice 1.1b1
Date Thu, 21 Aug 2003 12:04:14 GMT
Hello,

02068452@brookes.ac.uk wrote:
> Hi
>
> One thing that I noticed when I upgraded was that the new Xindice
> version uses a different TCP/IP port number for communication. I
> think that the old one was 4080 and the new 8080 which meant that
> I had to modify all these references.

Sorry, but that not correct my problem. The Exmample1 Code from the Xindice Site doesn't work.
tried Port 4080 and 8080. On both following error:

org.xmldb.api.base.XMLDBException: A connection to the Database instance 'xindice-1.1b1' could

not be created. Error: http://131.173.125.52:8080/xindice-1.1b1_bootstrap.ior
         at org.apache.xindice.client.xmldb.DatabaseImpl.init(DatabaseImpl.java:386)
         at org.apache.xindice.client.xmldb.DatabaseImpl.getCollection(DatabaseImpl.java:205)
         at org.xmldb.api.DatabaseManager.getCollection(DatabaseManager.java:194)
         at org.xmldb.api.DatabaseManager.getCollection(DatabaseManager.java:157)
         at xindiceTest.main(xindiceTest.java:19)

> Regarding the XPath substring() function, perhaps you need to
> enclose the numerical values in quotes (or use the string()
> function so that they are unambiguously treated as strings.

Yes, thats right. Thanks

> gef

Now a had a new problem:

How can i get only (for example 10 Nodes) by an XPath-Query against a collection. I had a
couple
of hundreds Documents in my collection. In some case I get 120 results by my Xpath-query,
but i
need only the first 10 results first. Some times later i need the next 10 results and so on..
.
Is this anywise possible?

tschau Jürgen