xml-xindice-users mailing list archives

From "Kurt Kavanaugh" <kkavana...@teletrol.com>
Subject Moving from Xindice 1.0 -> 1.1
Date Thu, 04 Sep 2003 17:50:09 GMT

I am moving from 1.0 to 1.1. I am not concerned with backward compatibility.... that much.
I am however concerned with getting up and running and understanding the new packaging and
configuration elements.

I have the server up and running, in theory, by installing the war file...

http://cvs.apache.org/dist/xindice/b2/xindice-1.1b2.war

Under tomcat 4.1.27

My db is present and accounted for. I am using jdk 1.4.1.

My question is this... where has the bin gone? to administer and test from the command line.
What are the other pieces?

Do I have to use cvs to access and build the bin dir and supporting characters?

Before the client needed the xindice.jar and xmldb.jar. I assume it is now the xindice-1.1b2.jar?
Correct?

Port binding used to be 4080. Now it's the standard tomcat port?

Any help in understanding the packaging and configuration aspects of the 1.1 environment vs
the 1.0 would be helpful.