xml-xindice-users mailing list archives

From Vadim Gritsenko <vadim.gritse...@verizon.net>
Subject Re: How to get real code for XMLDBException
Date Thu, 04 Sep 2003 15:53:15 GMT
jcplerm wrote:
> I am trying to figure out how to identify when an exception is related
> to trying to remove a document that does not exist anymore.
> In this type of situation I would just like to ignore it and continue
> normally (I don't care, if it's no longer there, good!).
>
> But the XMLDBException does not report a code for this condition all
> codes are set to ZERO).

> The code above prints something like:
>
> XMLDBException code: 0
> Cause class: class org.apache.xmlrpc.XmlRpcException
> Cause code: 0
> Cause msg: java.lang.Exception: org.apache.xindice.core.DBException:
> Document Does Not Exist
>
> At best I could parse the message of the XmlRpcException for substring
> "Document Does Not Exist".
>
> This is like pulling tooth....
>
> All codes set to ZERO: this is tough!!!

You've got several options:

1) Find where exceptions are thrown with code 0 and write an email to
-dev list stating that
2) Patch code and send a patch to -dev list
3) Patch code, add a unit test to the integration test suite, and send
patch and test to the -dev list

Last option is the best one! :)

Vadim