xml-xindice-users mailing list archives

From Vadim Gritsenko <vadim.gritse...@verizon.net>
Subject Re: Moving from Xindice 1.0 -> 1.1
Date Thu, 04 Sep 2003 18:50:51 GMT
Kurt Kavanaugh wrote:

>>I am moving from 1.0 to 1.1. I am not concerned with backward compatibility.... that
much. I am however concerned with getting up and running and understanding the new packaging
and configuration elements.

>>I have the server up and running, in theory, by installing the war file...
>>
>>http://cvs.apache.org/dist/xindice/b2/xindice-1.1b2.war
>>
>>Under tomcat 4.1.27
>>
>>My db is present and accounted for. I am using jdk 1.4.1.
>>
>>My question is this... where has the bin gone? to administer and test from the command
line. What are the other pieces?

>war distribution does not has xindice command line tool.
>
>Understood. So all admin is done through exercising a set of java api's? And these java
api's are javadoc'd where?

If you want to use APIs... I'm not exactly sure what distribution
includes javadoc. You can get src distribution and build javadoc.

>Currently, you can download CVS and run xindice tools from there connecting to your
>xindice instance runnign in tomcat.
>
>You mean currently you can download cvs, use ant to build the bin tools. the resulting
tools then know how to converse
>with tomcat on port 8080 vs 4080 and use XML-RPC vs CORBA.

Yes

>>Any help in understanding the packaging and configuration aspects of the 1.1 environment
vs the 1.0 would be helpful.

>1.1 is beta, so packaging is not final, improvements still can be done.
>
>Understood. Perhaps I could be of help here...

If you have an idea how to package xindice tool into war distribution,
send a patch to -dev list.

Vadim