xml-xindice-users mailing list archives

From Barzilai Spinak <bar...@internet.com.uy>
Subject Re: xindice 1.1b2 + cocoon 2.1 + tomcat 4.1.27 + winxp - HOW??
Date Mon, 08 Sep 2003 13:52:59 GMT
Stefan, I wrote that HowTo for Xindice 1.1b but I guess it should be
updated for 1.1b2, which, among other changes, now
tries to connect to port 8888 of localhost by default.
I don't know if your problems are related to this. I have recently
installed Xindice 1.1b2 and Cocoon 2.1 and have them working
under Tomcat 4.1.18. For a quick fix to this I added another instance of
a Coyote Connector under port 8888. This is done
in $TOMCAT_HOME/conf/server.xml
You can also use a command line option for specifying the url as
xmldb:xindice://host:port/db   or something like that.
I don't remember now.

Other things that have changed, the servlet name went from "Xindice" to
"xindice", but I think you can configure that when you build
the sources.

The database part.  Under $XINDICE_HOME/conf  there's a file called
server.xml
In that file you can specify the db collection, with an absolute path,
or a relative one (relative from the conf  directory).
Remember to use slashes '/' and not blackslashes '\' even if you are
under windoze!

Ok, I have to go now. Tell me if this has solved some of your problems
or not.

BarZ

under