xml-xindice-users mailing list archives

From Vadim Gritsenko <vadim.gritse...@verizon.net>
Subject Re: Moving from Xindice 1.0 -> 1.1
Date Tue, 09 Sep 2003 17:35:21 GMT
Kurt Kavanaugh wrote:

>>What does the -d switch point to? Real example please.
>>

>-d ../config/system.xml
>when you are in bin directory.
>
>ok. but I believe we need to *add* items to the system.xml to get the embedded version
to work. Right?

No. Default config has all the necessary stuff to run xindice with eny
of the drivers. See test suite -- it already has tests for all the
drivers working with this single config file.

>say it all? If there are other items, optional or not, please explain.

Dunno, have to go through source code to answer this and don't have
time. If you want, you can do it and put the comments into the
config.xml explaining additional / optional parameters. I'd be glad to
commit your contribution into CVS.

> One more question below...
>

>>And finally to the question. I am trying to import the file sets we were using in
1.0. Note these are now out on a flat file system. So I thought I could use the same command
line invoke, but I get this...

>>C:\home\kurt\xml-xindice\bin>xindice.bat import -c /db -f c:\staging\Company_A
-e xml
>>[DEBUG] DatabaseImpl - -Using SAX Driver: 'xerces'
>>[DEBUG] DatabaseImpl - -Using Service Location: '/xindice/'
>>[DEBUG] CollectionImpl - -Using URL: 'http://127.0.0.1:8888/xindice/'
>>XMLDB Exception with code 0
>>
>>Which before would create a collection with a name of Company_A. In addition what
is the port 8888 gig? How do I specify a non standard port? Is there a connection string kind
of thingie like in ODBC/JDBC land?

>-c xmldb:xindice://localhost:8888/db
>Also, type "xindice" to see the help for the tool. It does explain this
>parameter.
>
>Respectfully, I have, and here is the explanation...
>
>    -c           Collection context (must always be specified),
>                 can be either canonical name of the collection
>                 or complete xmldb URL

You suppose to know this from some documentation already. If there is no
such doc - improvements are always welcome!

Vadim