xml-xindice-users mailing list archives

From Vadim Gritsenko <vadim.gritse...@verizon.net>
Subject Re: Xindice 1.1b2 stability, reliability and installation.
Date Wed, 10 Sep 2003 01:46:10 GMT
Bent Andre Solheim wrote:

> [...]

There is might be a tag, yes, but no official release "1.1b2" has ever
been made, to the best of my knowledge.

>I checked out using this. Building went
>fine, but I was unable to make it work properly.

I know for sure that current CVS version works for me. You can update
your checkout using:
cvs -q -z3 update -PdA

>The download page has
>changed since I checked out, I think. Untill recently, the download page
>only contained the 1.0 version, if I am not mistaken.

No, you are not, yes, it has been changed :)

>But back to my original question; do you have any opinion on how stable
>Xindice is? Which release is the most stable? Can you recommend it in a
>production environment?

I don't have answer on this, as I have not used 1.0 version. I'm using
1.1 CVS lightly, don't have issues with it, but I don't have your
requirements also. I'd recommend you to test current CVS as it will be
candidate for the next beta (1.1b2), and, eventually, 1.1 final release.

Vadim