xml-xindice-users mailing list archives

From Murray Altheim <m.alth...@open.ac.uk>
Subject Re: Xindice 1.1b2 stability, reliability and installation.
Date Wed, 10 Sep 2003 01:57:00 GMT
Vadim Gritsenko wrote:
> Bent Andre Solheim wrote:
[...]
>> But back to my original question; do you have any opinion on how stable
>> Xindice is? Which release is the most stable? Can you recommend it in a
>> production environment?
>
> I don't have answer on this, as I have not used 1.0 version. I'm using
> 1.1 CVS lightly, don't have issues with it, but I don't have your
> requirements also. I'd recommend you to test current CVS as it will be
> candidate for the next beta (1.1b2), and, eventually, 1.1 final release.

A note on Xindice 1.0, perhaps only anecdotal, but for what it's worth:

I can't speak for performance, since that's not an issue for my application,
but I've been successfully using Xindice 1.0 since it was released, and
I've never had any data corruption problems. It seems pretty stable,
stable enough that I'm not considering 1.1 until *it* has been around
awhile, *and* I get some time to actually implement it.

Since performance is usually a consideration in a production environment,
I can only say that testing with the planned hardware under a simulated
system load is probably your best bet.

Murray

Murray Altheim                         http://kmi.open.ac.uk/people/murray/
Knowledge Media Institute
The Open University, Milton Keynes, Bucks, MK7 6AA, UK                    .

           "The current and future international political
            environment severely constrains this country's
            ability to conduct long-range strike missions." -- DARPA
            http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/3035332.stm