xml-xindice-users mailing list archives

From g4 <ja...@root10.net>
Subject Re: Once again: getting to run 1.1
Date Fri, 05 Sep 2003 10:58:44 GMT

On Friday, Sep 5, 2003, at 09:40 Europe/London, Kai W├Ârner wrote:

> Hi again!
>
> Many, many people on this list seem to have the same problem on
> getting 1.1 running from CVS, and so have I.
>
> As far as I can see, most people get to the same point: Downloading
> from CVS, building a .war file, placing it under webapps, all no
> problem.
>
> Most people even happen to see the "this is an ugly debug tool"-page,
> which SHOULD be the sign for a running Xindice-installation; yet they
> can't access the database, neither from the servlet, not from > anywhere.

> With 1.0, I double-click the "startup.bat"-icon, Xindice fires up, and
> I can use some frontend-tool like YAB or XMLDBGui and browse the
> database.
>
> Guess I would want to do the same thing with my - presumably working -
> installation of 1.1 under tomcat - what should I do?

No 1.1 would now be controlled by Tomcat, it can be started or shutdown
from within the Tomcat manager

> YAB for example has the connection-string "xmldb:xindice:///db" for
> 1.0 - I guess I tried any suggestion from this list for 1.1, like:
> xmldb:xindice://localhost:8080/db
> xmldb:xindice://localhost:8888/db
> xmldb:xindice://localhost:4080/db
> http://localhost:8080/db
> xmldb:xindice://localhost:8080/xindice-1.1b2/db
> etc.
> where some of them simply don't make any sense.

I think this may be a problem with YAB, not sure though ;(

> In Java, I could simply feed DatabaseManager with strings like
> xmldb:xindice:///db/, and anything would come out fine. After days and
> days of trying, reading the list waiting for the right message, I'm
> about to give it up.

If you're now using 1.1 as a servlet the paths to the DB change to
something like:

xmldb:xindice://localhost:8080/db/

> Could someone please point me to the right direction?

read this link about the command line tools, I think this may help you:

http://nagoya.apache.org/wiki/apachewiki.cgi?HowToXindice1o1bCocoon2

> Thanks,
>
> Kai

Jason Lane