xml-xindice-users mailing list archives

From "David J. Thomson" <dthom...@eecs.tufts.edu>
Subject Threading and CollectionManagementService
Date Thu, 11 Sep 2003 04:02:11 GMT
On Wed, 10 Sep 2003, Vadim Gritsenko wrote:

> David J. Thomson wrote:
>
> >Also, in my performance testing, I'm trying to create subcollections in a
> >nested loop. Is there some reason why the subcollections are becoming
> >corrupted this way? I'm closing the main collection before trying to open
> >it and create a subcollection under it, but it doesn't seem to matter.
> >
> >BTW, this is all with the embedded version, in case it matters.
> >

> If you can consistenlty reproduce the problem with some simple java
> code, please go and file a bug with test case to bugzilla. If you know
> how to fix it -- don't go, run and file a patch to bugzilla! :)
>
> Vadim

Well, I think I've *almost* reproduced the problem consistently. I'm
afraid it has something to do with threading and having multiple
concurrent instances of a collection. It always seems to fail when trying
to instantiate a new CollectionManagementService, which returns null if
another open database inside another thread has already gotten a service.

Any ideas at all?

Thank you.

David