xml-xindice-users mailing list archives

From Ryan Golhar <golha...@umdnj.edu>
Subject NT service problem with Xindice
Date Thu, 23 Oct 2003 04:15:46 GMT
I recently downloaded the Java Web Services Dev Pack 1.3 from Sun.  When
I run 'catalina start' everything is fine.  However, I want to run the
web service automatically, so I installed tomcat as a web service using
a tool from v3 I think.  In any case, when I start the service, I get an
error from Xindice that reads:

Oct 23, 2003 12:08:17 AM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostDeployer
install
INFO: Processing Context configuration file URL
file:C:\jwsdp-1.3\conf\Catalina\localhost\xindice.xml
Oct 23, 2003 12:08:21 AM org.apache.xindice.server.XindiceServlet init
SEVERE: The database configuration points to a relative path, but there
was no xindice.home property set. Furthermore, the war was not unpacked
by the application server so Xindice was unable to find a database
location Please check /WEB-INF/system.xml and set an absolute path as
the "dbroot" attribute of "root-collection" or specify a suitable
xindice.db.home system property.

If I can't figure out what I need to set to get this to go away.  In the
meantime, I set the unpackwar to true, so it works but I get a warning.
It'll work for now...   Any ideas?

-----
Ryan Golhar
Analyst II
The Informatics Institute at
The University of Medicine & Dentistry of NJ

Phone: 973-972-5034
Fax: 973-972-7412
Email: golharam@umdnj.edu