xml-xindice-users mailing list archives

From "Henrik Vendelbo" <hvende...@bluprints.com>
Subject Re: teamup for the great ideas (xindice pros & cons)
Date Wed, 15 Oct 2003 19:22:53 GMT
How about supported binding/serialisation/marshalling, whatever you call it.
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: chasee
  To: xindice-users@xml.apache.org
  Sent: Friday, October 10, 2003 8:57 PM
  Subject: teamup for the great ideas (xindice pros & cons)

  To all:

  it's nice that this topic finally leads to a "theoretical and experimental analysis of current
xml db technology" type of thing.

  I have summarize the great ideas you guys have proposed for the analysis and added in my
own understanding and thoughts. Indeed it seems something that could contribute to the maturity
of the xml db technology, if the we have more theoretical stuff stuck in. Shall we team up
for a research topic if not enough for a project as steve suggested? Send email to me or steve
if you vote for this idea...

  ** "theoretical and experimental analysis of current xml db technology"**

  Z)Theoretical comparison
  1* index structure and indexing behavior
  2* memeory leaking handling
  3* recovery strategy
  4* XUpdate semantics

  A) XML:DB tests ---------------
  1* access times for adding documents graphed against total resource count
  2* access times for deleting documents graphed against total resource count
  3* access times for updating documents graphed against total resource count

  B) XML:DB:XPATH tests ------------------------
  1* access times for querying documents graphed against total resource count -for single
document match -for multiple document match
  2* perform more and more general query to find the maximum ResourceSet size which can be
managed

  C) Stress & Robustness tests --------------------------
  1* repeatedly add a single smallish document with different id to get max resource count
possible within a collection
  2* update a single document repeatedly, while increasing it's size, to get max single resource
size
  3. increasing the collection size with a constant load util the instability of the db is
observed.