xml-xindice-users mailing list archives

From "Henrik Vendelbo" <hvende...@bluprints.com>
Subject Re: teamup for the great ideas (xindice pros & cons)
Date Wed, 15 Oct 2003 20:26:07 GMT
I think you replied to the wrong post.

I meant to suggest that when comparing databases, how about looking at their support for converting
between XML and Java structures. After all the interface is a key part of what makes you pick
a given database. While it may be fairly irrelevant from the perspective of implementing a
db, it makes the life of someone using the database easier, and hence affects how the db is
valued.

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: chasee
  To: xindice-users@xml.apache.org
  Sent: Wednesday, October 15, 2003 8:54 PM
  Subject: Re: teamup for the great ideas (xindice pros & cons)

  A little bit off topic...
  anyway,I had some experience using axis, the apache soap. Serializatoin by Beanmapping in
axis is a little bit complicated in axis,when it comes to complex user defined data type/class.

  soap, as a messaging protocol, is normally used when there is a need to transport the data
over the network. maybe voiding axis, if you just need to serialize an xml object... Or you
can use oo xml database.

  does it help in any sense?

    How about supported binding/serialisation/marshalling, whatever you call it.