xml-xindice-users mailing list archives

From teagu...@email.unc.edu
Subject Re: pros and cons
Date Thu, 09 Oct 2003 13:57:32 GMT
Hi all,
I just got in on the tail end of the conversation so excuse if this has
already been discussed -
I have found quite a few articles, but none that really go over the pros
and cons of both systems. I have downloaded Xindice, Exist, Berkeley XML DB
and Tamino and plan over the next 2 months to bang on these systems quite a
bit (I'm in grad school and using this for a project)...I'll let you all
know if we find any other pros about the Exist system. One thing that does
come to mind is that Exist is *supposed* to handle storage larger documents
than Xindice, but as another person pointed out, the performance searching
these documents could be quite slow. I did just go through the installation
process for Exist; It was quite uneventful when running it inside of Tomcat
(they have a .war file on the web)...but only Tomcat 4.x. I couldn't get it
to work in 5.x.

cheers,
susan

--On Thursday, October 09, 2003 7:27 PM +1000 Terence Kearns