xml-xindice-users mailing list archives

From Terence Kearns <teren...@cts.canberra.edu.au>
Subject Re: pros and cons
Date Thu, 09 Oct 2003 09:27:35 GMT
>> My last question: supporting XUpdate and well-integration with apache
>> web application server are two obvious advanteges that xindice have.
>> any other pros?

Hey, just found out about the existance of eXist :)

It seems that the current stable release of eXist does indeed support
XUpdate -- haven't tried it yet.

Also, I probably wouldn't try flying the _integration_ argument given
that eXist can run embedded, read-only (ie. from a CD), as a
conventional service or inside a servlet container (as does Xindice 1.1(?))

Has anyone written an article which makes a comparrison between the two?
That would indeed be interesting.

--
Terence Kearns ~ ph: +61 2 6201 5516
IT Database/Applications Developer