xml-xindice-users mailing list archives

From "webhiker@tiscali.fr" <webhi...@tiscali.fr>
Subject Re: pros and cons
Date Fri, 10 Oct 2003 07:33:52 GMT
Good idea, if I could propose a few more specific parameters :

A) XML:DB tests
---------------
1* access times for adding documents  graphed against total resource count
2* access times for deleting documents  graphed against total resource count
3* access times for updating documents  graphed against total resource count

B) XML:DB:XPATH tests
------------------------
1* access times for querying documents  graphed against total resource count
    -for single document match
    -for multiple document match
2* perform more and more general query to find the maximum ResourceSet
size which can be managed

C) Stress & Robustness tests
--------------------------
1* repeatedly add  a single smallish document with different id to get
max resource count possible
2* update a single document repeatedly, while increasing it's size, to
get max single resource size

If anyones interested, it might be an idea to start up a separate
project either under XML:DB or on something like Sourceforge to provide
a decent set of tests/benchmarks for all these various XML db's.
Send me a mail directly if you're interested, and if there's enough
people, I'll put the framework together.

Cheers.
Steve