xml-xindice-users mailing list archives

From Michael Kurz <dr.go...@a1.net>
Subject XPathQueryService.setDefaultNamespace
Date Tue, 21 Oct 2003 21:06:12 GMT
Hi

I use Xindice 1.1b1 in combination with JAXB and Cocoon for a project at
university. The xml files I store in the xindice collections are
instances of (w3c-)schema documents with a target-namespace (which is
"http://www.ngstore.at/ns").

To retrieve documents from xindice collections, I use the
XPathQueryService class. Because I specified schemas with target
namespace I have to use a namespace in xpath queries. I originally
wanted to use default namespaces with XPathQueryService using:

   service.setDefaultNamespace("http://www.ngstore.at/ns");

But this method is no longer present in xindice 1.1b1 (it was in 1.0).
Then I tried the same using

   service.setNamespace("","http://www.ngstore.at/ns");

This should work according to the api-javadoc. The query is executed but
I always get an empty ResourceSet.

Everything works fine if I specify a prefix using

   service.setNamespace("ng","http://www.ngstore.at/ns");

But then I have to alter the xpath query (for instance
"/book[@id='1000']" to "/ng:book[@id='1000']"). This is not a real
problem but I am curious about default namespaces. I really want to know
why it is not working. Is it a temporary problem of xindice 1.1b1 or is
the namespace handling with xpath completely changed in version greater
than 1.0 (most parts seem to be the same)?

nice greetings
Michael