xml-xindice-users mailing list archives

From wim.bervo...@axa.be
Subject RE: Problem with XPath after Update to Xindice1.1b1
Date Mon, 06 Oct 2003 09:07:32 GMT
Hi,

We had some problems with Xindice 1.1b2 (cvs version) when using xml-rpc to
get documents back with Xpath. The problem had todo with accents on
characters. I see your example also uses accents... maybe the same bug?
Our bug was fixed when we tried the latest CVS code.

If your firewall prohibits access to CVS (like ours) use cvsgrab
(http://cvsgrab.sourceforge.net/) eg.

call cvsgrab -rootURL http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/ -destDir d:/Xindice
-package xml-xindice -proxyHost yourproxy -proxyPort yourProxyPort
-proxyUser abc -proxyPassword def

Wim Bervoets

-----Original Message-----
From: Christian Schuster [mailto:Christian.Schuster@edv-konzepte.com]
Sent: maandag 6 oktober 2003 11:01
To: xindice-users@xml.apache.org
Subject: Problem with XPath after Update to Xindice1.1b1

Hello,

I'm developping on a web-application running on Tomcat 4.1.24 and installed
Xindice 1.1b1 into the same Tomcat, connected by Network access (I couldn't
find enough docu for embedded...). Nearly everything works fine again,
except this XPath Expression, which I use to search for a person with
lastname "Schuster" in the Collection "Person":

/Person[starts-with(translate(.Name,
'ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZÄÖÜÁÀÉÈÍÌÓÒÚÙ',
'abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyzäöüáàéèíìóòúù'),'sch')]

Before it worked perfectly running Xindice1.0 on j2sdk1.4.1 with these jars:
xalan2.0.1, xerces1.4.3, openorb1.2.0. Now: j2sdk1.4.2, Xindice1.1a,
xalan2.5.1, xercesImpl2.5.0, and all those jars that come with the
xindice1.1a-jar distribution. Direct Access through XindiceIDs and XPath
without "starts-with" or "contains" still works well.

Thanks for help

Christian Schuster

-----Disclaimer-----

This message may contain confidential information intended solely for the use of the named
addressee. If you are not the intended recipient, you should not read, use, disclose or reproduce
the content of this message. If you have received this message by mistake, please notify the
sender immediately. Any views or opinions presented in this message are solely those of the
author and do not necessarily represent those of AXA Belgium, AXA Bank Belgium, AXA Tech Belgium
GIE - ESV or any other entity of the AXA Group, unless otherwise stated by the sender and
duly authorized by the said companies.